Ultimate Collection of Destination Weddings Worldwide
Legal Requirements for Destination Weddings to Mauritius
documentation outlined below will be required for a civil wedding in
Copies of these documents will have to be forwarded to our
at least 6 weeks prior arrival of the couple in Mauritius:
- Passport copies of the couple (pages containing passport number, photo, issue/expiry dates).
- Birth certificates of the couple.
- If divorced: the former marriage certificate and divorce certificate of the couple.
- If the couple has changed their name by deed poll: proof is required.
-If the couple is under 18 years of age on the date of the marriage:
an affidavit, granting permission for the wedding to take place, is required.
- If the couple has been adopted: an adoption paper needs to be produced.
Conditions - applicable for all divorced women or widows: wedding can only be celebrated 300 days after divorce decree/from the date of death certificate of spouse or else should be holder of a medical certificate stating no pregnancy. This medical certificate must be issued in Mauritius.
Please note: The information provided above is to be used only as a guide. We advise in all cases that you contact the relevant official government offices of the destination at which you choose to marry, for up to date legal requirements, before booking your wedding.
Features | Resources |
About Us |
© 1999 WeddingsAbroad.com Ltd. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.